Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Hold Me

I've thought a lot about doing a weekly blog post on specific topics. I have a friend that does Single Lady Wednesday, another that does Wordless Wednesday and I've kind of been wanting to have a little blog feature myself. Today, in light of certain events, I will present you with featurette #1 Word Wednesday, where I give you a specific taste of God's word working in my life. 

Today I was an 11 on the stress scale. I could chalk it up to lack of a vacation, an over abundance of financial woes or it being my personal shark week, but let's go with it all being petty worries and not letting God own me like He should. I know when I'm stressed because the f-word just flows from my mouth like carbon dioxide. It's ugly and awful and I don't want to be that girl but it's a real thing for me. After being pushed and pulled into meeting after meeting and having a client come up to me covered in blood, I was just about ready to throw in the towel when I get two stressful voicemails from the bank. 

As an adult, when you see the bank has called, it's rarely a good thing. I'll be perfectly honest here, I'm four months behind on my car payment *cue scoldings*. When I separated from my husband I became financially strapped, paying half the rent, all the utilities, my car insurance...something had to give. Should I have chosen my car payment? Probably not, but in the past I've been a week or two late and they never blinked an eye, so I felt safe. I was a month late, paid a month, late again and it just kept building. Here we are on August 1st and I haven't paid April, May, June or July. I'm very aware of this. I've been saving back here and there, working overtime like a dog and this Friday I had planned to at least pay a month or two off. I called the bank back, explained my situation and they were extremely gracious and agreed not to repossess my car, but I have to have it paid by September. 

This would be the point in my day where I turned to my coworker (before my 3rd meeting of the day) and said "It's a good thing I have so much hair, because I'm going to start pulling it out." I wanted to cry and give up, unfortunately that's a very ridiculous thing to do in a clinical staffing so I held it together. When I left for the day I went to check my PO box...and found God there. 

I've been waiting on a replacement check from my last employment for over 8 months. They have mailed it to me 6 times but I never got it...until today. It just goes to show you, when you're at your wits end and think you're screwed, money comes in the mail. This check, combined with some cash a coworker owed me and paid me today...allow me to catch up on 3 out of 4 months. Alright, God, I see you. 

After checking my mail I got in the car and Jamie Grace's song "Hold Me" was on the radio. It could not have been a more perfect testimony for that moment. 

Here are the lyrics that really struck me: 

Well You took my day and You flipped it around
Calmed the tidal wave and put my feet on the ground
Forever in my heart, always on my mind
It’s crazy how I think about You all of the time
And just when I think I’m ’bout to figure You out (figure You out)
You make me wanna sing and shout

Oh and today's resonating word from God??

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."-Philippians 4:6

No comments:

Post a Comment