Thursday, March 22, 2012

Cinnamon Toast

I've been neglecting my blog! Sad day. It's been a pretty crazy couple of weeks. I accepted and started my new position as Case Manager on March 10th, which was odd because I had the next day off for a friend's baby shower. It seemed humorous to me because I technically only worked one day in my position before taking time off.

The baby shower was nice. It was in my hometown and it was gorgeous outside, giving me the opportunity to drive the hour and a half home with my sunroof open and jamming to my music. I got to see my girlfriends from high school, including my friend Alana who was home from Arizona. 
Alana, Addi & Charlie, Myself, Anne, Alex










I also got to play with my bff Addi's son, Charlie, who will be 1 in April. We had a mini photo shoot using my iPhone and he really enjoyed seeing himself in the camera. My sole purpose in Charlie's life is to spoil him rotten with presents and to teach him bad things, that's what the cool aunt does. The current lesson we're working on is sticking our tongue out at people and opening our mouth really big to look like dinosaurs. He still needs a little more practice. 


My spare time recently has been few and far between. I did get the opportunity to spend last Wednesday in the Windy City with one of my besties but other than that I've been spending my time doing homework. For example, today I need to write two papers, finish up a ton of DART notes and a couple session evaluations. I'm currently eating cinnamon toast and drinking vanillla biscotti coffee...which is not exactly what I'm supposed to be doing right now. I plan on kicking on some Gotye and powering through in the next few minutes...or I might just procrastinate until Saturday/Sunday afternoon. 

The other day I had to make a Walmart run for some hygiene products and random stuff for my caseload. I purchased wave grease for the first time in my adult life. I'm pretty urban savvy, having spent time working with kids from Detroit, being a huge fan of rap music and having a lot of black friends...but I'm still pretty dang white and buying wave grease is hysterically funny to me. I texted my friend Chris to ask him a question about a CD and then informed him of the silly thing I was doing, his reply prompted my hysterical laughter...alone...in a Walmart aisle...

Basically, I love my job...and my coworkers...and my life right now. It's almost April. It's been an average of 70 degrees everyday for the past two weeks. I'm getting new freckles. I'm finishing up my grad classes (I'll be done with class in July and just have my internship left). I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and I couldn't be happier right now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment