Thursday, February 16, 2012

Happy Vacation to Me!

Yesterday was the first day of my vacation! This is the first time ever that I've had a paid vacation, I almost feel like an adult! I am off of work until next Friday (the 24th) and it's pretty awesome. I still have school and random places to be, but for the most part I am free, free, free.

For the past year and a half I have wanted to get a half sleeve and yesterday I started that process. Here is the result of a 9 hour session yesterday.

I can honestly say that nothing hurt as bad as this tattoo. I have 6 other tattoos in pretty sensitive spots (my feet, wrist, behind my ears, etc.) and this tattoo challenged me. The outline was fine, it took 2 hours just on its own but it was tolerable. The lollipop got colored first and that was fine, no issues. Then we moved to the ring pop and that kind of sucked a little more, then the Reese's and then the ice cream cone. Those two ice cream scoops?? Felt like forever. I wanted to cry, instead I used deep breathing. You probably noticed the cupcake is just an outline...yeah, we're finishing that on Tuesday. We're also bridging that gap between the cupcake and the lollipop. After all the pieces are done...we have to fill all the holes with cotton candy. If I had to guess...I have at least 15 more hours of tattooing ahead of me. I'm so freaking stoked though. I have never loved a tattoo more in my entire life. It's epic.

Luckily one of my guy friends is coming with on Tuesday to hold my hand because when we get to that peep...I might die.

Also, there was this kid there getting his first tattoo ever and we bonded. It was funny. Also, his friend helped me think of what candy to throw on the back to fill the hole. It's awesome. I love creative people because my sleeve is going to be so epic. Ahhhhhhhhh!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment