Monday, July 23, 2012

Stagnation

This is one of those posts that I don't want to write but I know that I need to. Writing it means admitting it, and unfortunately I don't like looking weak. The truth of this post is that I'm feeling pretty stagnant lately. The crazy, passionate, love I have for God doesn't feel as fresh and strong as it did last week. 

I've been tempted lately and somehow managed to say no, even though I haven't been submerged in the word like I know I should be. I don't want to use excuses but I do know that I worked way too much last week. 

I've figured out that work is my crutch and I'll completely 100% overwork myself into the ground to avoid dealing with anything I don't want to. If I'm constantly exhausted and busy working then there's no real temptations to avoid. Also, my biggest support network right now are all of my coworkers. Last week I worked 3 doubles in a row. I will NEVER do that again. By Saturday night at 10pm I was mentally and physically exhausted and fighting off a cold. It didn't work, because here it is Monday and it's 95 degrees outside and I'm shivering with chapped lips and a snotty nose. Sooooo attractive. 

I don't really know what else to say or do. I think there's just so much stress in my life right now that it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Guess I need to take my own advice and "Pray like cray everyday".

No comments:

Post a Comment