Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Roomlings

My last post was heavy, so I bring you this post for pure giggles.

For the past 3 weeks I have been staying with my younger brother. It's been a great blessing. In a weird turn of events, him and two of his best friends drove up to my place and kidnapped me. He didn't want me spending my 25th birthday alone.

He was making a very generous gesture, one which he might not regret. My brother and I have not lived under the same roof in over 7 years. Not to mention, he's not getting Sarah Grace, he's getting Broken Sarah Grace, 2 weeks post surgery.

We are starting to get this whole roommate situation under control. We already conquered grocery shopping and budgeting, tonight we dipped our toes on cleaning responsibilities.

Let me briefly explain that my brother is a 23 year old bachelor and his bathroom is the cleanliness equivalent to a frat house's. If cleanliness is next to godliness then that bathroom is his ticket straight to hell, and I say that with all the love in my heart.

Tonight...I cleaned it. It turns out, ladies and gents, that when your broken foot leads you to crawling around a lot, you're quite good at scrubbing floors. Let me tell you, that thing smells like bleach and Lysol.

Jake is on living room duty and we're beginning to section off our own personal areas of the apartment. It has come with lots of challenges but also the best moments ever. We bicker back and forth, insult each other, crack each other up and we know how to work together.

I love my brother. I'm so glad he's cool with another four weeks of me. He said as long as I clean the bathroom...haha. I can't wait for the other hilarious moments we're sure to share.

Jake said it best "when you're around my maturity level is at like 8 years old".

Roomlings...the adventure continues.


No comments:

Post a Comment