Friday, March 15, 2013

Things I Have Learned Part 1

I'll give you a brief glimpse of the thought process I get at 2am after waking up from a poorly timed nap. I'm sitting here and my brain is just running over all my little realizations recently, specifically the past 7 ish weeks on medical leave. Honestly, I've learned so many things I can't put them in one post so I'll just chop them up and spread them out over the next few weeks. Some are funny, some are poignant, some are unable to be classified.

Here are 11 Things I Know Now:

1) Hitting the 40 hour monthly listening limit on Pandora mobile radio is not that hard. Also, I think I figured out the shuffle algorithm.

2) Independence is underrated but not nearly as much as humility.

3) Boredom is a figment of your imagination. Seriously. If you're bored, you're really just giving up, because your mind is fantastic.

4) There is a man named Johnny Rutledge who played for the Arizona Cardinals on 2003. I only know this because my brother's created team on Madden 03 for PS2 replaced the Cardinals roster and we couldn't figure out why the announcer could say "Rutledge" but everyone else was "that guy".

5) Your sleep schedule is the easiest thing to destroy and the hardest thing to fix.

6) I have mastered the patterns of my iPhone battery.

7) You will literally never run out of something to read. There are endless amounts of information available to you.

8) The same can be said for music. You can never stop discovering new music.

9) There are many things I once took for granted that I now appreciate so much. Example: my ability to find humor in any situation

10) I already knew this but it's been emphasized. I have the best brother in the world. How many 23 year old bachelor's would offer to take care of their 25 year old, broken footed, at times overbearing sister?

11) The longest I can stay indoors without freaking out is 3 days. Then I must breathe fresh air or I will inevitably start crying and demanding freedom from the indoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment