Friday, July 5, 2013

Run, Don't Walk

Hello friends. I apologize that it has been over a month since I last wrote. My life has continued to be increasingly insane and it really hasn't slowed down. In two weeks I will be finishing my internship and officially done with graduate school!! In other news....I'm moving!

A few weeks ago I started applying to post-grad jobs. I really felt the Lord calling me back to my hometown. He was laying it on my heart to get more and more involved with my church and making it clear that in order to do so, I'd have to be in Bloomington. This was equal parts welcoming and hard for me. My family and a few friends are still in Bloomington, while my love is 2000 miles away in California. I put in a few different applications, not expecting to hear anything back this soon. Well...in a 5 day turnaround (!!!) I applied, interviewed and was hired for a salary position in Bloomington.

I guess it turns out that when God wants you somewhere he will move in giant ways to get you there. On top of that...I start in 3 weeks and somehow have to find a place to live in that amount of time. I have replied to 34,523 Craigslist ads (or so it feels) for rooms for rent, people seeking roommates, etc. I'm blessed enough to have gotten a response and it seems like God is once again working in huge ways to physically get me down here.

Life has been insane lately. I put in my notice and I end this job on July 25th and start my new job on July 26th. Yeah...this is happening FAST. I have NO money saved up for a move because I haven't bounced back from medical leave yet and I wasn't expecting to move this soon.

Now would be the time for huge prayers for me as I continue to put my ducks in a row and start this new chapter of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment