Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Happy Dance

Ladies and gentlemen, we have reached our final destination, the ride has come to a complete stop, the fat lady sang, and the curtain has been lowered...on one season of my life. Medical leave has an end date...Tuesday, April 23, 2013. In just under a week I return to work after an absence of 12 weeks.

For the past 3 months I have lived in a constant state of "Welcome to your life, where you have no control". I have gone to countless doctor's appointments where I have been given open ended dates. My "schedule" the past 3 months has transformed into something I don't recognize. I went from being busy 19 hours of the day, to literally having nowhere I "had" to be for weeks. I'd have a doctor's appointment every two weeks and church every Sunday but other than that my life was pretty much movies, reading and napping.

I was thinking about what to write in this post but I can't even begin to simplify it. I've had 12 weeks of basically "free" time to think, grow, heal and learn. God has taught me more and I have grown more in these last 12 weeks than I think I ever have in my life. I would love to be able to just show you the movie in my head about this experience. Honestly, I don't recommend breaking your foot in 4 places or missing 3 months of work, but I have to be thankful for what I've experienced these past weeks. It was all part of a plan so huge that I'm only beginning to fathom it.

Next week I go back to my "normal" life. I'm still not even close to 100%. I'm just learning to walk again without my boot or crutches. I'm still not allowed to "chase or restrain children" for 2 weeks. I won't be back to school quite yet either. It's still a process, but the end is near and I couldn't be more excited. I've enjoyed this opportunity but I'm ready to wear two shoes, walk on my own, and get back on track...with a few improvements :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment