Monday, April 22, 2013

Things I Have Learned Part 2/The Final Countdown

Ladies and gents, the end is near. In 13 short hours I will be back to work after a 12 week absence. My brain, right now, is going a million miles a minute and I don't even know where to begin really.

I talk about my job a fair amount so if you're a regular reader of this blog or you know me personally then you know that my job is a constantly shifting experience. Before medical leave the most work I'd taken off was 2 weeks and I returned to 300 emails and a LOT of changes. I work with teenage boys in residential treatment, I may leave at the end of the day, but their lives keep going and things happen fast. I won't lie. I am very nervous to go back tomorrow. It's an excited nervousness, but I legitimately feel like a new employee again. When I return tomorrow, I return to 2 new admits, 2 discharges, 1 new staff hired, and 2 staff that have left (and that's just on my unit!!). I can't even speak for what's going on across the rest of the campus.

In the past 12 weeks I have experienced so much that I think I will forever be processing the effect this has had on me as a person, on my personality and most of all my relationship with God. It wasn't too long into my medical leave that I hit my wall, hit my knees, and started to really focus on why I was going through all this. I can't really sum it up, but maybe in a later post I will try to. I'll give you a slight hint...it all started almost 5 years ago and it echoes the time in my life where I first experienced Crazy Love. My church often talks about the different seasons of change in our life. My first season was the summer of  2008, season two could probably be summer 2012 and we'll go ahead and say season three began its reign January 27th...when I began medical leave.

A few weeks ago I posted 11 things I have learned. I now present to you...

7 Things I Know Now:
1) God's plans for your life began at birth and they aren't going to stop. You may walk away or challenge them but even when you're not looking, He's still working, and when you stop and listen and look you'll see what he did weeks, months, years ago to prepare you for this moment.

2) My family is invaluable. We are poor. We work hard. We love much.

3) Your hometown will always be your hometown. No matter how much you "hated" it in high school, you're still attached to it and after being back for 3 months...you might cry when you leave.

4) God has given me a crazy mission. I have accepted it.

5) For the past 12 weeks God has been performing an intense makeover on my heart. It's beautiful.

6) God provides always. Seriously. Always.

7) Life is beautiful.

To be fair...some of these I already knew, but their emphasis in the past 12 weeks is worth repeating. My season isn't over yet. I may be back to work but I'm still growing in God and growing as a woman in Christ. I ask that you continue to pray for me as I literally get back on my feet and financially get back on my feet. I'm feeling very at peace right now and that is all the Holy Spirit resting on me :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment