Friday, April 19, 2013

My Boys

I decided that I must dedicate a post to the circle of love that has surrounded me the past 10 weeks. I often refer to them as "my boys" but really they're men, and some of the finest at that. They're my blood brothers and adopted brothers and I don't know where I'd be without them.

I'm not going to pretend that my entire stay here has been a cake walk but overall my stay has been an experience. In an act of pure love, 9 weeks ago, my brother and two of his best friends came and rescued me so I wouldn't be alone on medical leave, alone on my 25th birthday or without a helper as I spent my time on crutches. They have put up with the crazy symptoms of cabin fever, dealt with me being the only girl constantly crashing guy night and still somehow want to be around me.

I've learned how to make peace. I've learned that House Rule #1 (no talking during hockey) also loosely translates to "no talking ever". I've learned how to trade cleaning services and cooking meals for movie privileges. I have also learned that I am the most blessed girl on the planet. These 3 boys have been my closest circle these past 9 weeks. On Sunday I return home, and leave my boys. Before February 13th I hadn't spent more than 5 consecutive days living with my brother since I was 18 years old. As off Sunday, when I pack up, I will be on day 69, not counting my weekly sleepovers at my stepmom's for "girl's night".

I will definitely miss my boys but I won't miss everything. I won't miss sleeping on a couch or watching endless hours of video games, but I will miss all the laughter and love. They're pretty special, and what do you know? They're all 3 single, ladies! Love these guys. Thanks Jake, Blake and Jo!

No comments:

Post a Comment