Sunday, April 22, 2012

Brief Thoughts On Living

When I started this blog my goal was to find a place for my soul to live. It may sound odd, but I find the act of writing so cathartic that I just can't ever give it up. I've had many a blog in my day. I think I first started with the staple of Jr. High...the xanga. It makes me laugh now but it was important to me. It has become the vehicle through which I soul search and begin to understand just who I really am. Today, I bring to you, a hodgepodge of thoughts. 

1) If a woman wants to be loved by the right man, then that woman should exemplify confidence, control and strength. A man whose goal is to take advantage, control or exploit will only be attracted to a weak woman with flimsy morals. He will have a natural knack at seeking out the perfect prey for his control. If you find yourself in a relationship where a man is unhappy at your happiness...congratulations, you're strong, beautiful and important and he will never take that from you once you realize your own potential. If you become, on your own, the woman that God intended you to be then you'll be paired with the most amazing man who will find all those qualities beautiful and admirable. His love for you will be unfathomable. 

2) I'm going to talk about Jesus to everyone I know. I'm going to tell people I barely know what God is doing in my life. It's really fun, because either they run away or they draw you in. Either way, it helps you figure out exactly who you should be spending your time with. I did this on Tuesday, with two people I barely know. It was really fun. I showed my heart to strangers. 

3) I got the greatest compliment I have ever received in my life this week. I had just explained my tattoos to a curious person. I talked about the immense love I had for my mom, and she for me. I talked about my motto that "life is sweet" and the purpose of my candy sleeve. I talked about my love for nature and taking the road not taken. That person looked at me, looked into my soul, looked at me like I was totally and completely beautiful and sighed "You are everything that I want to be". I laughed and blushed, but it made me feel so loved.

4) I feel like right now, at this very moment in life, I am somehow the weakest and strongest I have ever been. I feel weak from all of the junk that is holding me down. I'm tired of school. I'm tired of explaining to people what happened with my marriage. I'm exhausted but I'm so strong. Every time I start to give up or withdraw, God throws a giant curveball of awesome at me (my amazing friend Latia that I met my first day of work, Peter Cetera, Second Chance Church, my friend Beth from school, etc.). 

5) This is neither enlightening nor profound. Yesterday at work I played Just Dance 3 with my boys at work. I have never laughed so hard at work. It was so fun to just see pure joy and silliness on those boys' faces. Also, they were super mad at me for kicking their butt at Party Rock Anthem. What can I say? Everyday I'm shufflin' 

No comments:

Post a Comment