Sunday, February 24, 2013

Let Me Tell You...

I'd like to tell you all about the amazing God I serve but that would take far too long. I'd love to tell you every reason I love and worship Him but for now I'll just tell you why that love has grown, just in the past 24 hours.

Yesterday I posted my little pity party post. I got on Facebook and made a public cry out to Jesus. I was feeling so low and just run down altogether. I asked for prayer and I sat in my brother's living room and just cried. I prayed that God would help me, would soothe my weary soul, would remind me again of His great love and pull me out of my pit.

A few friends posted on my status and an old friend I worked with 4 years ago in Michigan posted a simple comment "2 Corinthians 12:9-10". I immediately looked up the verse to read:

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

I read those words and just broke down. My heart sang and I just felt the love and power of God surround me.

Not even 10 minutes later my "stepmom" texted me. She had gotten her car running and wondered if I wanted to come over and eat dinner and watch a movie. I cried again at her text, it was yet another sign from God that I'm not alone and His love for me is unending.

I stayed the night at my dad's and got picked up in the morning for church. I could not sleep to save my life. I was laying on the couch and I was full of anticipation. It wasn't a negative feeling, I was just so anxious for church, I could feel that God was moving and I KNEW that He was going to show up in a huge way.

Today was my church's anniversary, 1 year since we planted our baby church, a fact I did not know walking (read: crutching) into the sanctuary. The sermon was on point as always and Pastor Brian spoke on the line from the Apostle's Creed "and in Jesus Christ, His only son, our Lord". The sermon consisted of surrendering to God, making him Lord of our life. Pastor Brian, in divine power, literally said the words "It doesn't matter if you stub your toe or don't have the money for rent. God is here and He loves you."

I almost started crying right then at how simple a statement it was but how perfectly relevant it was for me. Moments later we were praying and I felt like opening my eyes and I looked at my wrist and caught sight of one of my bracelets.

I wear 3 bracelets everyday, I sleep in them, shower in them and the only time they've been off was on surgery day. One of them is a black rubber bracelet that reads "I Am Convinced" on one side an "Romans 8:38-39" on the other. As I looked at my wrist, the bracelet had spun around so that the verse was staring right at me. What happened next was pure Holy Spirit because on its own the human brain doesn't operate that fast. In a flash I saw and heard the entire verse followed by "this is the truth, this is what I am telling you, nothing can separate you". As the prayer finished I sat in my chair ruminating on the words as the band began to play a song titled "I Belong". The first verse of it? Romans 8:38-39 practically word for word. The only reason I wasn't a sobbing mess at this point (which I am now as a write this) is because I could feel the Holy Spirit's arms around me, just holding me in those words.

Let me tell you. God is real. I pray everyday that people see this and feel His great love. I post scripture and encouraging words on Facebook almost daily. I'm sure there are hundreds of people who block me, delete me or hide me from their news feed because they don't want to hear it. Here's my thought, I put things on Facebook because God tells me to. The world is so negative and people want to run society on fear and pain. So many people fall into the pit and post negative things. I try with everything in me not to post negative things, but I also don't want to misrepresent myself because I am imperfect and I do stumble and fall and cry out to Jesus. I don't care if 100 people hide my words (His words) from their view because someday they might not. One of my posts may reach someone, at the very least they'll know me as a person who loves them with Christ's heart and maybe that will strike something one day.

God is good. He is perfect. His love is like nothing you have ever known, it's so big and deep that we can't even feel its full power on earth or we would feel overwhelmed by it. I encourage you to seek God and if you need assistance or even if you just want me to pray for you, I am willing. He is love.


No comments:

Post a Comment