Monday, February 4, 2013

What Happiness Really Means

This whole broken foot thing has turned out to be the BEST thing to happen to me in a while. You might ask "Really, Sarah? Breaking your foot in 4 places, having to be on crutches, not being able to drive, having to fully rely on your friends? That's all good for you?" and I would reply "YEP!" and here's why: 

I am a fiercely independent woman (all Destiny's Child references aside). I HATE asking for help. I pride myself on being able to accomplish all I have to on my own. You know what, though? That's WRONG. I don't do anything on my own. I do it all with the redeeming, everlasting, unconditional love and strength from my amazing Heavenly Father. 

I've been "broken" for almost two weeks now. As a result I've been crashing at my BFF Beverly's house. It's funny really that her car died and a week later I was rendered unable to drive. She has no car, I can't drive the one I have, so therefore we complete each other. Beverly lives with her boyfriend (the previously mentioned rapper J Jackel) and his cousin JJ Jallah Keyz. For the past almost two weeks I have been living in the most creative house ever. As I write this, JJ is in the living room creating music. It is seriously some of the most beautiful music ever. He is wickedly talented. If you don't believe me just YouTube some JJ Jallah Keyz and watch that man play the piano. You can tell that his gift comes straight from above. 

Anyone who knows me knows that I am a ball of energy. I can barely sit still through an entire movie. I'm constantly moving. Putting a woman like me on crutches and telling me to rest and let people help me...seriously the biggest challenge I've faced in a while. It's given me this amazing gift of time. I've been reading the Bible like it's my lifeline (which it totally is). God has been revealing the most beautiful things to me. I just want to share three things with you all today: 

1) You do not need to fear anything. You have angels around you EVERYDAY  and all you have to do is call on them and they will show you beautiful things. 

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. (Hebrews 12:1, 2 NIV)

2) Your love for God should be so crazy and insane that everyone around you wonders what the heck is wrong with you? What is creating that fire inside that person? Why do they keep talking about God? Why do they keep loving people even when the world is so negative? You know how you can tell a person is in love by how they look at someone. Well, people should look at you and know everyday that you are completely, totally in love with The One.



3) This is an invitation to let archangels protect you in your life. This is a gift from God and we are blessed enough to have the God of angel armies reigning in our lives. 

https://soundcloud.com/j-j-jallah-keyz/archangelic-protection-for-the


No comments:

Post a Comment