Friday, February 8, 2013

Mind Over Matter

It's been two days since I had surgery. I won't lie, time has been warped by all my pain meds and napping. As tough as I am. This thing hurts!

I have 7 tattoos, including a half sleeve, and 10 piercings. At first glance I may appear as though pain is nothing to me. That statement is mostly true but this pain is different. I've found my only key to surviving it is the concept of "mind over matter."

I have spent a fair amount of time watching comedies on Netflix, listening up happy music and pinning pretty things on Pinterest. It has done the trick though.

I focus on happiness and what beautiful things are to come and it dulls the pain. I refuse to dwell on the negative feelings and I just submerge myself in positivity.

Positive things? The amazing gourmet feasts that have been prepared for me. Painting my nails :-)
I'm feeling back to myself, yet also a slight improvement. There is nothing that can separate me.

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:38, 39 NIV)










No comments:

Post a Comment